Plan Your Trip
The Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts is located at
390 King Street West
$5 event "pay and display"parking:
- in the Isabel lot and the adjacent lower Corrections Canada lot and when available, the upper Corrections Canada lot
Hourly "pay and display" parking:
- at Providence Care (St Mary’s of the Lake)
Read further for more details...
The Isabel has limited parking. Our regular parking fees are $1.50/hour (or parking permit) Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm. Additional pay and display parking is now available in the Corrections Canada lot adjacent to our lot at the bottom of the drive and when available, the upper Corrections Canada lot off King St. We offer $5 event parking when Event Parking signs are posted, on evenings and weekends.
Cars can drive in to drop off passengers at the front doors and turn around. This drop-off zone is limited to 5 minutes. Parking is strictly prohibited in the area outside the front doors of the Isabel. This is a fire route and should only be used for drop-off/pick-up purposes to ensure the safety of all.
"Pay and Display" parking is also available in the Providence Care (St Mary’s of the Lake) lot at 340 Union, where they have set aside 80 (unmarked) spots for us. There is a walkway onto Ellerbeck from the SW corner of the lot. There is also a pedestrian activated traffic light at the top of our driveway so you can cross King Street safely.
Please be respectful of the driveways of residents if you are parking on the side streets.
The Corrections Canada lot flanking the north part of our property is not available for Isabel parking except for select performances (and has been barricaded).
A parking drop-off area is located at the front entry.
There are 5 accessible visitor parking spaces in the small upper lot across from the entrance. Two additional spaces are located in the west parking lot at the bottom of the drive in front of the stage door. Please contact our Box Office for advice on accessible parking at 613-533-2424.
Directions for arriving by car
- West on Autoroute 720, then west on Autoroute 20, then west on Ontario's Highway 401
- About 290 km, or about 3 hours by car
- South on Highway 416, and west on Highway 401
- About 200 km, or about 2 hours by car
- East on Highway 401
- About 260 km, or about 2.75 hours by car
- North on I-81 to the border of Canada
- West on Thousand Islands Bridge to Highway 401
- West on Highway 401
- About 215 km, or about 2.5 hours by car
Follow Highway 401 to Kingston and exit south on Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. (exit 615). Follow this street south to King Street, which is at the ninth – and final – set of traffic lights before the lake. Turn left (east) onto King Street West and continue to 390 King Street West, located on the right hand side.
By Kingston Transit (public transit):
A Kingston Transit bus shelter, known as the “Isabel/Tett Centres” is located at the entrance to the Isabel. Express routes 501 and 502 service this stop, as does route 3.
For a map displaying the Kingston Transit routes serving the Isabel, click here
For a summary of routes, frequency and approximate travel times, click here
Arriving by train, inter-city bus, air, and taxi...
- Train service to Kingston arrives at the Kingston VIA Rail Station
- Inter-city Bus service arrives at the John Counter Blvd. Bus Terminal
- Flights arrive at Kingston Airport (YGK) also known as Norman Rogers Airport
- Taxis can drop passengers off at the front door.
We will advise the cab companies of the anticipated end of our concerts with the hope that we’ll have taxis waiting to take you home.
The Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts is about a $15 taxi ride from the train station, bus terminal, and airport.
The Isabel is within walking distance (15-minute walk) of Queen's and its surrounding neighourhoods. A crossing intersection is located near the Isabel to help pedestrians safely cross King Street West.
There are bicycle racks in front of the main entrance.